Riviera Travel launches new ship on the Douro
Riviera Travel is launching a brand-new ship which will operate along the River Douro in Portugal from next summer. The vessel features a sun deck with splash pool, atrium bar and lounge area with floor-to-ceiling windows, and an on-board fitness centre. She’s an absolute beauty, and we can’t wait to get you on board.
Stretching a grand 80m in length, this ship boasts four decks filled with luxurious cabins and top-notch amenities. As you ascend to the sun deck, unwind and revel in the breathtaking views of the Portuguese countryside. The Sky Lounge invites you to savour a refreshing drink as the weather warms. Either the pool beckons you for a refreshing dip, or a sun lounger awaits to catch some much-needed sun.
Dining on the MS Porto Mirante promises to be an intimate, relaxed affair, where informal seating fosters easy conversations with your fellow travellers – should you wish.
Beautiful cabins are spread across three decks featuring spacious comfort. Each cabin is equipped with individually controlled air-conditioning, ensuring your optimal comfort. Contemporary bathrooms, complete with a rain shower, adds an extra touch of luxury. Choose from double or twin beds for your occupancy, as you sail the sun-kissed Douro.
Katja Hildebrandt, Head of River Cruise Product at Riviera Travel, said…
“This stunning new Douro itinerary takes us into the heart of the winelands along the river.
“Complemented by the launch of a new ship, it offers guests the chance to explore this fascinating area of Portugal with its magical landscapes and history, in style and elegance aboard a state-of-the-art vessel.
“And for guests looking to maximise their time away, we can offer the flexibility to personalise their holiday by adding one of our extended city stays.
“The included, expert-led guided tours and visits will offer a fascinating insight into each destination from a real ‘local’ perspective, while there’s a chance to relax too with plenty of free time for independent exploration.”
The 118-passenger MS Porto Mirante will run 10 departures between July and October, offering cultured river cruisers the opportunity to bask in Iberian late-summer sunshine. It’s a bit of a cliché, but Portugal really is sensational this time of year – a cultural delight.
Riviera Travel offers several immersive excursions along this sun-kissed river.
- Explore the magnificent architecture in Porto's Old Town on a guided tour
- Wander through the manicured gardens of Mateus Palace, visit the historic Castelo Rodrigo and see Lamego's Our Lady of Assumption Cathedral
- Sample Portugal's most famous product, port, at a port wine cellar or join our optional tour of the birthplace of Portugal, Guimarães
- Savour the delicious taste of muscatel wines with lunch and a wine-tasting in a traditional Quinta hosted by the Quinta owner.
- Tour Salamanca, home to one of Europe's oldest universities, with a guide and enjoy a traditional flamenco show with lunch in the city.